A Loving & Homelike Environment
We are a non-profit society offering long-term care services and dementia care for 76 residents. We also provide 23 one bedroom apartments for independently living tenants.
We are located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
At Columbus Residence we are committed to providing the highest standard of care in a warm, loving and homelike environment. We support and encourage each resident’s unique personhood and our care services are holistic and wellness oriented as we address the physical, spiritual, emotional, social and educational needs of our residents.
We strive to create a sense of community and our dedicated team of staff are here to ensure our residents are kept safe and comfortable.
Columbus Residence is a non-profit organization founded by the Knights of Columbus, Vancouver Council 1081. Our faith based residence is shaped by our beliefs and values, by the residents and tenants living here, and by our committed staff, board of directors and volunteers.
Visiting Columbus Residence
Updated – April 12, 2023
Thank you all for your continued patience and compliance with following the Ministry of Health restrictions over the past three years. We appreciate the efforts everyone has made to minimize risk to our residents within our care home and we look forward to seeing everyone’s smiling faces once again!
With great pleasure we are now able to implement the full lifting of restrictions for visiting Columbus Residence.
- Visitors will no longer be required to provide their vaccination status, and those who are unvaccinated for COVID-19 will be able to visit freely. There will be no restrictions on gatherings, events or activities including visitors, indoors or outdoors
- Visitors will no longer be required to undergo a rapid antigen test or confirm a recent negative rapid antigen test prior to visiting
- Active screening of visitors is no longer required. Visitors are reminded to self-screen and not to visit when having any signs of illness
- Appointments for visits are no longer required
- Mask wearing is no longer a requirement for visitors or staff or others within the care home. While masks are no longer a requirement, masks will be available for anyone who continues to want to wear one while visiting or working at Columbus Residence
Building Entry after 5 pm, visitors will need to be in contact with the nurse on the care floor of your loved one, so that they can assist with entry to the building. Patience is required as someone will need to attend the Front Entrance to open the door and there may be a wait due to staff assisting residents.
If you are sick, with any symptoms of respiratory or gastrointestinal illness, please stay home, and wait to visit until you do not have any further symptoms. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in minimizing risk to your loved one, all residents and our staff and community.
For more information on the lifting of visitor restrictions and a Q & A from the Provincial Ministry of Health, see “Ministry of Health – Update Regarding Visitors in Long-Term Care and Seniors’ Assisted Living”
In an effort to serve our residents, we are looking for donations for our library.
We would appreciate any Chinese books for our residents to read, preferably with large print. Donations can be made directly to our Screening and Reception team at the entrance to our building. Additionally, you can reach out to our Recreation Department at 604.321.4405 ext: 124
Our residence is located in South Vancouver in the Marpole district. We are conveniently close to major transit routes including a Canada Line skytrain station just two blocks east at Cambie Street and SW Marine Drive. Bridge access to Richmond and Vancouver International Airport is just a few blocks away. » View Location Map
Support Columbus Residence
Donors play a tremendous role in helping us fulfill our Mission by sponsoring our varied programs and services and by providing funds to enhance the physical comfort and peacefulness of our home.