Volunteer and Make a Difference
Columbus Residence welcomes those individuals who have a genuine interest in working with older adults to share your time in our community.
Volunteering can be a mutually rewarding and enjoyable experience and it is a great way to meet new people.
We have a wide variety of activities for enthusiastic, energetic and caring people to participate in and we can set up a schedule to meet your needs as well as ours.
Volunteers help in a variety of activities:
- Escorting residents to and from activities within the facility
- One to one visiting
- Walking with residents
- Writing letters
- Tending to our greenhouse, patio gardens and watering hanging baskets
- Assisting with our Saturday afternoon bowling program
- Assisting at tea time, monthly birthday parties, pub time and other special events
- Helping with arts and crafts
- Reading to residents
- Playing a musical instrument
- Playing games: bingo, cards, checkers, chess, etc.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator
If you are interested in volunteering and are able to make a commitment of time on any day of the week, or if you would like more information about becoming a volunteer at Columbus Residence, please contact: